Saturday, November 29, 2008

29 of 30: Move over Vampires, Enter Aussies

Ok - so if you are just not doing anything for 3 hours - you must see this movie 'Australia' . It's amazing and it should win every single award. I had several scenes that I had to look through my fingers because I didn't want to see what might happen. So beautifully done - and Hugh Jackman? Holy Yum. Nicole Kidman is so stunning (I love anything she's in) - and I feel instantly in love with the little boy (yikes those eyelashes!). Based on a true story - it was a real eye 0pener for me and I appreciated the political realism in this movie, a rare find. (Do you think that the old drunk Aussie is Clancy from 'The Man from Snowy River?) TREAT yourself to this movie - what an amazing afternoon at the movies. (Not too bad - Ashley only had to kick 2 old ladies and an old man out of our seats, they thought we were rude to make them move - 2 words - Reserved Seating) Popcorn, Junior Mints and a Coke ... and there you go!

2 comments:

Joosten said...

I heard this movie is awesome!! Now I really have to go see it. I have loved reading your blogs. Thanks for the phone call, sorry I have not called you back, things have been crazy. I'll call you and update you about my dad. Talk to you soon.

Darci said...

I loved the movie too! I was laughing in alot of it. Huge is so yummy.