












So I started this challenge after hearing about it from my friend Erin (Cape Woman Extraordinary!) I did this challenge because I wanted to be committed to something that would make a difference. I know that the difference came to me - I love writing - and I love funny stories - and I love to express my anger sometimes - and I love my family and all that they present to me in this life. What I got out of it? Wonderful people writing wonderful things back to me. I heard from old friends (yea! there you are Sherlyn, and (two more seconds - love Mr. Mason!) Erin, and Ginger, and Jen and Jenn, and real old friend Ulaine!!! (love her tons!) ), and from new friends (fun crew from the Halloween songs), and met people that trusted me with their blogs and getting to know them and finding out that I have special friends now (Love that Darci) (I'll always take 'just a peek' thanks!) and I loved that my family supported me by reading each day! The reward returned to me was greater that the reward I thought I could give out - so I thank you for that. I loved to tease my kids and they loved hearing each other being teased about and I love that they laughed because I want them to have happiness (and not fear that they are from the same genetic make up) So the 30 days are over and I'm going to take a sabbatical (or sub-bath-ical) leave for a few days - perhaps actually get something done now that I'm not freaking out trying to get my blog in before midnight. I keep hoping that there is a free give away for those that did it for 30 days - and then I realized that the prize was the joy of seeing that anyone even cared. The world can be a lonely place - you all made it a bit more bearable - thank you for that gift. I hope you'll always check in now and then and that you have had some fun with my mind's thoughts put to the web. I've always loved journaling, but no one ever responds to journals until you're dead - so thanks for your fun comments. I always ended my comments with "and there you go!" because I wanted to leave the door open for you to think about what I had written about. To create a movement of thoughts that made you say, "Hmmmmm never thought about that!" Today I end 30 of 30 and I was wondering how to celebrate such an important achievement - so - what the heck - I'm headed to Disneyland! BTW - my birthday is December 3rd and I wanted to let you know that you can send gift cards to me as long as you know that the company will still be in business when I return in a week ok? My next challenge? 50 things to do before I turn 50 a year from now - that's what you have to look forward to....maybe .....
and there you go!


4 comments:
Congrats, you and I did it!!!!
I have loved reading your posts. I don't know about you, but I am glad it's over. I loved doing it but I think I will take a little break from posting. Some days I was really stretching to find something to write about. I will check your blog often Thanks for the challenge!!
Just wanted to tell you how much I looked forward to your posts each and every mornng, and how I chuckled each time...sometimes even with coffee coming through my nose. You are a great friend, and I love you alot. Have fun in DL.(WHEN are you going?) I guess 5 Guys will have to wait until you get back.
I love seeing what you have to write and I usually am found laughing to myself! It's fun to keep in touch with you this way. I miss seeing you at Willow Canyon!!!!!!
Post a Comment