Today I kinda had the blues. I watch the number diminish for the days I have left with my handsome son before I turn him over to serve the Lord, work has been consuming my time, Del is on a long, long business trip in a far away land, and I found the walls of my house closing in. I took a walk and tried to breath in this beautiful November day and that kinda helped. Upon arriving at home I started to visit with my sweet neighbor Sandy over the fence. We've lived next to each other for almost 20 years now - and my love for her never dims. We've raised kids together, laughed and cried together, shared many a fence talk, and it just so happened that she was kinda blue too today. We talked and soothed each others hearts and the day just smoothed over. Here's to all of the neighbors that make our days better. We find safety in their nurturing love, they know of our human sides, we trust them with our sweet babies, we pick each other up on blue Tuesdays, and we do not doubt that they are heaven sent. We visited for about a 45 minutes or so - and then I gasped because I had left spaghetti boiling on the stove.....and there you go.
Happy 26th Valentines Day!
5 months ago


3 comments:
Today must have been a day for the BLUES! I had a really hard day today as well. I couldn't quit thinking about my dad. He was on my mind all day and it makes be sad to think of everything he is going through. This is one of the toughest trials I think I have ever gone through. Glad you were able to cheer up. Love those sweet neighbors.
Oh man, are you sure Riley didn't wanna "chat" too?... sorry bob about your day! thank heavens for people like Sandy though, to brighten it a little.
er....jack and cleo? Is riley still alive?
Post a Comment