Tuesday, November 4, 2008

4 of 30: I vote for Lincoln

I voted early this year - I feel it's my right to vote, my privilege to vote, and an honor to vote. This time I just have a hard time with both candidates. I know that tomorrow I'll probably be choking out the words President-elect Obama by the looks of the stats tonight. But I really don't like McCain either. I felt bad that Palin was railroaded, and I gag at the sight of slippery Biden (hairplugs and all those teeth). My favorite President was Abraham Lincoln - and I'm old enough to remember voting for him - I think - wait - I didn't have a vote then. BUT - at least he was honest. So Oslama will be President - and he's been screaming out 'CHANGE' - and so he had better be honest about what he said he'll change. (He'll need to give me proof of his birth certificate someday) By the way - he isn't going to be the first black President, he will be the 8th according to Wikipidia - the first 7 didn't count because of the color of their skin. I'm all for history being made - but make it in fulfilling promises to this country for the first time in a LONG time as a President. May I do a THANK YOU shout out to all of the beautiful people defending our country - who will be dished by Pres-e-O. May I do a shout out to those with dreams that reach far beyond space - who will have their programs cut. May I give a shout out to those unborn children who Pres O said do not exist until they breath air. I'm going to be busy putting my hand over my heart and crying as I say the Pledge of Allegiance and readjusting the American Flag pin on my lapel. I'll be busy LIVING that I'm proud of being an American instead of 'just deciding that I'm finally proud." On our coins it says - "In God We Trust" - believe me - he's the only one I do....and there you go.

3 comments:

pitbull said...

I couldn't have said it better, Nic. Infact, I just forwarded your blogsite to 3 of my nieces.... Erin said she was trying to teach Mason to say "President Obama", but he kept insisting it was "Oh-Momma".

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

what have they done... America must be insane.

Prop 8 was a success though!

Mommason Hillary said...

Thanks laner - felt I was a bit harsh. But someone will shoot one or the other of them and then Mitt Romney will step in and save the world....