Monday, November 3, 2008

3 of 30: Gotta love my hubby...

Last night Del drove me to Cache Valley for my cousins viewing. (first of all - Lennis - I loved ya cuz!) My husband drove me because I have to work all of my weekly hours in 31/2 days in order to go to the Colorado funeral for my Aunt. Makes for a long day eh? He knew I needed help when he asked me who died... to which I replied Uncle Jay. Ok - he passed away last February - who just recently passed away.... to which I laughed and said, "Oh, duh, Uncle Delores!" Ya - he decided I was not safe on I-15. Then when we arrived he started in on his extreme tasteless movie one liners - all of which were inappropriate for a mortuary, but none the less cracked me up because of my fatigue. "Dead man walking", "Part of the Casket Part of the Ship", "I'll have what he's having" and so on. Needless to say - he looked really hot last night - and it was funny to see is really sick/sad/dry humor come out at a viewing of all places, and I was reminded that I have a crush on him. As we left, I noticed that they had overbooked the mortuary, yep! There was a sweet old lady that everyone had to walk by to go and see Lennis - and nobody was stopping to see her! I thought of getting those airplane landing flashers and directing people. "Ok - you - over there - and you - you need to go around this way before you can move on...." Please - Please - Please - when I die - bury me with a tan, a coke with ice, comfortable royal blue Lycra pants, a sweatshirt, chips and salsa from Chillis, and a funny chick flick to watch on my ride home.....and there you go.

3 comments:

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

awe! Cute! Mommy and Daddy like each other again.... hahah jk.

dont hurt the pumpkins....

pitbull said...

I'm sure to be called "crass" but some of my sister's (Georgia) and my best laughs have been at funerals. A family saying "Bye Bye So Long Eddie" started at a distant cousin's funeral and we've said it ever since. Let's see....none of my family reads your blog, do they?

Darci said...

I would have been laughing at the one liners too. My hubby does this when I am down to make me smile and laugh because he doesn't know what else to do.