
With the passing of my cousin Lennis and my Aunt D this past few days, I've been thinking about where I fit in with my cousins age wise. I have 15 first cousins. My mom was the last of the Hill children to marry and it took 8 years before mom and dad could have a child. (Another blog for another day) So Eric, my brother and I are the youngest boy and youngest girl grandchildren of Elizabeth and Ray Hill. HOLY COW THAT MAKES ME SPECIAL!!!! (Eric is also special - but mostly just sort of mentally touched special...) My cousin LaDaun said to me tonight at the viewing of Lennis, "No Kent is the youngest", I'm all - HE'S FREAKIN' OLD! (and deaf!) SO - I am, I am, I am the youngest!!!! )And it only took me until now to figure that out! (so blond) Oh and I also inherited both of these noses put together.... I heard this quote today, "The best way to have a piece of heaven in your home is to have someone you love in heaven" I never met my Grandma Elizabeth, she passed before I was born, but I knew my Grandpa Ray. He called my brother and I Pinky and Red, because he thought our names were Norwegian and he couldn't pronounce them! To each of you - heaven is in my home because I carry both of you in my 'youngest grandchild' heart. .....and there you go.
1 comment:
Ry and I are officially taking the family history course on Sunday for the next 6 weeks - they asked us to tell a story about one of our family members of old... I could only think of Alexander Hill and the toes... I think I need more stories. They didn't like the part where his toes froze off. Anyway... I will probably call you tonight for at least the first 4 generations on yours and dad's side. Even though I know you have a billion generations already...
Post a Comment