
You would never guess we are brother and sister right? Well - this is my brother Eric and he is my mothers favorite child. The firstborn and OLDEST always are don't you think? It's Eric's 52nd Birthday - and for his birthday - I am allowing him to swear only 52 times today. He is my very best friend - and I love and adore him with all my heart. He has carried me over the hot coals of life and never left my side. He is the father of my amazing and beautiful nieces and my ever so handsome nephew. His wife and I are the same (youthful) age and when Eric married Terri - I got to have the sister I never had. He is good son-in-law, brother-in-law and an amazing Uncle to my children. (To embarrass them is the goal at every family dinner!) (Ok - Moby Dick!) There are only the two of us - Mom and Dad had a difficult 8 years of not being able to have children - and then they had Eric and thought maybe they could try for one more - and after 3 more years of trying they had lucky me. To know Eric is to know compassion, and kindness, and . . . . ok, he cusses like there is to tomorrow - but that's what I love about him! He is always the first one there to help anyone. He inherited my Grandpa Hill's genes in making magic from any piece of wood there is. He is working on his Masters degree from USU and he's over the Carpentry Department and teaches classes at BATC in Logan. You will NEVER see him without his tape measure on his belt - it's scary. His Secret Santa deliveries are tear jerking as he always searches out those in desperate need of some tenderness - and he also never misses a chance to take gifts to Primary Children's Hospital. He has a deep, deep voice and he calls the softball games in our hometown - you can hear him for miles around. He is also the town sexton! (He makes sure everyone is comfortable at the end of the day - and their headstones are straight.) He takes pride in his family, and in his grandson Charlie. He is always at my mom's back door to help her. He plants a mean garden, he finally got his motorcycle, and he's going to kill Katies boyfriend - so if I were you (whatever your name is) RUN! Well, by beloved brother - Happy Birthday - I love yer guts off.....and there you go.
6 comments:
He better be SSMMMILING!! Probably because he knows what's pink and drags along the ocean floor/.... haahah
Happy birthday, Nic's brother! Knowing Nic like I do, I think you're lucky to have reached 52.
I have a brother that I love too. Sometimes they are great to have, huh?
What a neat tribute to your brother! He sounds almost as amazing as you!
Jen Osborne
Hi Nicole...I mean Sister Hillary. It's Ginger Simmons Bird. I saw your comment on Erin's blog and had to say Hi. It is great to see pictures of your beautiful family.
Aww... he's alright... just kidding. I totally agree and as his oldest and most favorite I just have to say he is the family MVP as far as I'm concerned!
Post a Comment